KAPLAN STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Kaplan requires students to conduct themselves in accordance with the standards of their future professions. Kaplan has also taken precautions to discourage dishonesty and preserve the academic integrity of its programmes and study environment. Students will be held accountable for, or should report, the following violations:
- All forms of dishonesty including cheating, plagiarism, forgery, and intent to defraud through falsification, alteration, or misuse of Kaplan documents. Theft, deliberate destruction, damage, misuse, or abuse of Kaplan property or the property of private individuals associated with Kaplan.
- Inappropriate or profane behaviour that causes a disruption of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary proceedings, or other Kaplan activities. Failure to comply with Kaplan officials acting within the scope of their employment responsibilities.
- Students are required to be properly attired at all times and to observe appropriate behavior when they are within Kaplan premises. All students must be readily identifiable at all times and are required to have their Hong Kong Identity Card or other valid identification documents with them.
- Failure to comply with all Kaplan regulations, whether contained in official Kaplan publications or announced as administrative policy by a Kaplan official or other person authorized by the Campus President/Executive Director/Principal of Kaplan.
- Abuse, violence or threats of violence toward persons or property of students, faculty, staff, or Kaplan.
- Improper use of email and Internet access. Failure to comply with copyright and criminal laws forbidding the copying or alteration of copyright-protected materials, such as computer programmes, music, movies, photographs, or written materials.
- The use of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances on Kaplan or external property, including the purchase, consumption, possession, being under the influence of, or sale of such items.
- The use of any tobacco products in Kaplan buildings, and eating or drinking in the classrooms or any location other than designated areas.
- No animals are allowed on the premises unless they are assisting the physically impaired or are being used as classroom subjects.
- Bringing non-class-attending children into the Kaplan teaching areas. Kaplan does not provide childcare services and cannot assume responsibility for their health and safety.
- Failure to comply with all emergency evacuation procedures, disregarding safety practices, tampering with fire protection equipment, or violation of any other health and safety rules or regulations. Inappropriate use of cell phones, or other electronic devices. All electronic devices must be in the "off" position while in the classroom.
- Bringing dangerous items such as explosives, firearms, or other weapons, either concealed or exposed, onto Kaplan property. Physical abuse, verbal abuse, intimidation, harassment, coercion, stalking, and/or any conduct that threatens or endangers the physical or psychological health/safety of another person.
- Sexual harassment and/or sexual assault, in any form.
- Unauthorized presence in, or forcible entry into, a Kaplan facility or Kaplan-related premises.
- All forms of gambling is strictly prohibited.
- Being in the presence of and/or aiding/abetting any of the aforementioned conduct violations.
A student committing any of the violations listed above may receive a written warning concerning the misconduct and may receive disciplinary action up to and including immediate suspension and/or dismissal.